2.02.2013

February Thoughts

Well, here we are in February. The groundhog saw his shadow, which apparently is a good thing for those who dislike winter. I have been busy, but I'm not sure with what. Oh, I watched the first two seasons of Downton Abbey. Yeah, that was a huge commitment. And obviously WAY more important than, say, cleaning the bathrooms.

Quick and easy fleece cowl. (blurry) Photo by Clara
I am looking for a part-time job. Preferably very part time. I have been 100% at home with my kids for the last six years. It's been great, and hard, and fun. I am going to keep doing it, but I want to add a little something more into life;  I am ready to use my brain in another way, too.

My  mom crocheted Valentine's Day ponchos for the girls. Super cute! 
 Honestly, I haven't been crafting much. Partly I think it's because my sewing machine is in the basement and it has been c-o-l-d out. Too cold to want to do anything in the basement. I have been knitting a little bit. A very little bit.

someone likes CHEESE!

We made a heart walk - like a cake walk but if you land on the heart when the music stops, you get a kiss. 



I scored this kid's drum set at Goodwill for $14.47. What a deal! We are on our way to family band status. Clara plays the piano pretty well for a six year old, and Oliver is already smitten with the drumming bug. We'll see what Ruthie decides on - there is a trombone, violin, and a guitar available for her. :) First though, she needs to learn to use that dang potty. We are almost there.



Until next time.
Kristy


1 comment:

  1. Miss you guys! I love reading about your life. =)

    ReplyDelete