1.10.2010

happy hooker

I decided it was time to learn how to crochet. Well, relearn, really, since I have vague memories of crocheting pot holders when I was ten. It is hard for me as a knitter to figure it out. The yarn goes on the wrong side. I have a hand free. I am supposed to grasp the project?? My hands like to hold needles, what can I say. Even though the two fiber crafts are so similar, the techniques are so different. 

Anyway, I didn't let it beat me. I mastered single crochet thanks to  Stitch-n-Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker. Behold, my first crocheted project: The Washcloth.


My next goal is flowers. Wish me luck!

Something I knit: a little baby bonnet to set aside for the Etsy store. A wee bit of sunshiny love. Seed stitch baby shoes to match, coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment