1.06.2010

new year, new knits

Happy January! 2009 really went out with a bang for me. It was not a good bang, but 2010 is looking up. My knitting resolution for the year is to use up my stash as much as I can. Good grief, I have an entire closet of wool--literally.

I have started it already, by knitting myself a hat/cowl/mitten set only with scraps I have laying around. It is my all-time favorite wool--1ply merino from 100purewool.com. I have a ton of leftovers from my old longie knitting business. Here are a couple of the items. Mittens are on hold until I get a gift off my needles. The set is bright and random, a lot like me! 




Other highlights from the end of 2009 include:

Clara's Christmas shrug:


Ben's three-cabled scarf (ugh, scarves!):


Currently I am working on a little lacy scarf for my mother-in-law, Nancy, who, along with my father-in-law, is recovering from CO poisoning. I hope she likes it. (And yes,they are expected to have a complete recovery.)

Also new this year will be a wee Etsy store, coming soon, filled with random knit goods. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are getting an Etsy store. Your stuff is so good. I just love little Bjorn's frog hat--it makes me smile every time I see it.

    Here is to 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog, Kristy! And, good idea w/ an Etsy store - you've got talent & your stuff would sell! I'd buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete