11.04.2011

Bearded Toddler Hat



Doesn't he look happy?


This is my little neighbor. He reallllly wanted this bearded hat, can't you tell? Luckily for him, I made it with a detachable beard (it is secured with buttons on the inside of the hat). In case you are wondering why he is also wearing a pumpkin costume, it was Halloween when he tried it on.

The hat pattern is the Classic WWII Watch Cap. I cast on 88 stitches to make it a bit smaller than an adult small.

The beard and moustache I adapted from several patterns I found on Ravelry (mostly this and this). The hat yarn is Ella Rae Superwash Wool. The facial hair is Lion Brand Organic Cotton.

Oh, Angie, if you read this, I forgot to tell you you can machine wash and dry it. That is SO blog worthy, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Just reading this now--thanks for the ADORABLE hat and the washing tip:)

    ReplyDelete