9.05.2011

baby star quilt


Everything except the batting was in my stash.


I was worried the back was too boyish, but I think it is mostly still gender-neutral. I just think of the blue and red as "boy colors" because that is what Oliver's quilt was made from.


Final measurements: 30" x 40". A good baby quilt for the stroller or tummy time.


I wasn't patient enough to hand sew the binding onto the back...so I machine sewed it (stitch-in-the-ditch style), but it is not perfect. I get so impatient at the end of a project. I get this overwhelming urge to just stop the whole thing and move on to the next project lined up. Why is that?



I kind of fell in love with star blocks. I might need to make another one. Maybe a Christmas quilt for myself? Star block tutorial here.

No comments:

Post a Comment