That's right. Napkins. Because, like underwear, they are one of life's necessities. I have napkins already, of course, but they are for everyday use: stained, wrinkled, kid-friendly. I thought maybe it was time for some fun, "company" napkins. You know, for all our company. Ha. But I am in a dinner club, and I am hosting it this weekend (Scandinavian theme!), so they will get used then, at least! I wish I had made them a bit larger. They are 12" squares. I think 17" squares would be better, but I didn't have enough material.
Are you a new year's resolutions kind of person? I am. I mean, why not set goals? As long as I am not completely disillusioned about it. So my goals for 2012:
1. Read through the Bible with my husband. We are using this guide.
2. Get me some chickens. If you know me, you know this has been my resolution for about four years now...and the city I live in has hindered my chicken ownership thus far. So! I decided to pretend they are on board and get some anyway. Ha.
3. Make more clothes and give more random homemade gifts.
4. Lose the baby weight. I mean, really.
5. Be content with what I have. I basically am already, but sometimes, I go to someone's big house and think, "Man, I wish I had a bigger house." But then when I go home, I realize that if I had a bigger house, it would be filled with stuff. And I don't like stuff. Or cleaning, for that matter. :)
6. More quality family time, less Facebook.
7. Stop saying "unthaw" (incorrect). Start saying "thaw" (correct).
I think that's about it. Hope you are having a fabulous January!