2.13.2012

Boob Hat and a Decision

The votes on the baby quilt were exactly tied - six for chevrons and six for Xs. Not helpful, people! But I decided to go with the X pattern. I like how clean it looks. Thank you for your input!

Someone asked me last week to knit a boob hat. Here it is. Maybe I should list some in my shop? Is there a real market for these? Funny little hat. In case you are wondering what on earth the purpose of a hat like this is, it is meant to be worn on the baby while nursing him/her in public, as a pro-breastfeeding statement.



I had some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran yarn from ages ago, in a white and a blush. I knit it and then dyed the whole thing in some hot tea. It turned a lovely beige-y skin tone. Just what I was going for. These photos make it look peach, but it definitely isn't. My lighting must have been off a little.



I have to say, I was feeling uncertain about this hat. I mean, boobs are all unique. It was funny how indecisive I was about where to start the top of the hat and what colors to make it. Ben *helpfully* suggested that I ask her for a photo of her breasts so I could make it to match. (I did NOT do this, in case you were wondering!)



Finishing up the quilt top this week and knitting a baby cocoon for a photographer. Hopefully I will have a free pattern for that in the next week.

1 comment:

  1. I love boob hats! Definitely a market for those. I would've bought one when I was nursing!

    ReplyDelete