5.25.2012

vintage patterns + trims



My mom surprised me with a bag of vintage patterns from the 1950s from my grandma and step-grandma. Wow, what an awesome gift! Thanks, Mom! Here are a few of my favorites. Sorry the photos are all sideways. Someone please tell me how to rotate my photos in blogger!





This one says "Designed for CHUBBIES." Really??












A little party dress.










Sun dress for playing!













I could totally rock this look.






Itty bitty baby patterns.

Not only did I get patterns, but I also got two giant boxes of vintage trims, ric-rac, and lace!  This photo is only one box. The other was chock full of lace.









Here are two of my favorites:



This is the pattern I am going to work on this weekend. A little pinafore for Ruthie.


I already have a fabric in mind. The best part is the pattern pieces are already cut for me. I can think of nothing more fitting for memorial day than working on one of my grandmother's sewing patterns. Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Yep, I wore "chubby" cloths most of my life! (still do-ugh!)
    And I rarely got new clothes. They were either sewn by my Mom or gotten at Rummage Sales!

    ReplyDelete